In New Zealand, the things you need to do to legally marry are pretty simple…
1. You need a Marriage licence. You do this through Births, Deaths and Marriages. http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Births-Deaths-and-Marriages-How-to-Get-a-Marriage-Licence?OpenDocument
And it costs $122.60
2. You need to be married by a Registered Marriage Celebrant – thats me folks!
3. During the ceremony, at some point you need to say “I AB take you CD” to be my husband/wife – or words to that effect.
4. You need two witnesses (and they can be anyone!)
5. The two of you, your two witnesses and I must all sign the marriage licence
And that’s it!
The rest of the wedding is completely about you. But don’t panic! That’s the bit I can help with, and together we can create a personal, vibrant and meaningful ceremony that you will remember forever.